Saturday, January 9, 2010

1 Nephi 7

"But it came to pass that I prayed unto the Lord, saying: O Lord, according
to my faith which is in thee, wilt thou deliver me"

"...yea, even give me strength that I may burst these bands with which I am
bound. And it came to pass that when I had said these words, behold, the
bands were loosed from off my hands and feet"


To this end ought our prayers to be... that we desire and hope for deliverance from our bonds. In our day and age, these may be financial, moral, ethical or, as usual, results of pride and avarice. The lesson from a dedicated servant of God was that the Lord can and will loosen our bands. They will more than likely be about our minds and hearts even more than our hands and feet. Such is not a problem for God. According to our faith in Him, so let it be done. Thus the follow up question afterward... "what will we do with unbanded feet and hands (or hearts and minds)?"

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspirational post. Perfect for my Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely worthy of Daily Gem status.

    ReplyDelete